Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hearing Voices

School is in session and Mom's Taxi has never been busier.  It's rides to school and back home again, rides to practice of this sort or that, a game, a party or a trip to the mall.  I'm in the car and out again only to get back into the car.  We eat on the fly and tote the dog everywhere but I keep in mind that these days are numbered and one day I'll miss having them all with me.  I'll miss the giggles and the pleading cries for an ice cream stop.  I'll miss the trips to the mall even if my only purpose was to pay the bill. I'll miss the opportunity to eavesdrop on swirling conversations about this boy or that, this girl or that and who is "going out" with who.  I'll miss hearing voices singing pop songs out of key by little people who are not in the least embarrassed by what some would consider their inability to carry a tune.  For now my babies are with me.  Their friends are with me too.  They are safe and they are happy and for that fact I count my blessings every day.





XO
Michelle

+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment