Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It's Time


The snow is piled high outside and the threat of more snow looms.  We've been in a record- breaking deep freeze for weeks now and going outside to escape this stifling cabin fever is just not an option.  I've never been a cold weather girl and this year I'm not alone.  Extreme weather tops the list of everyone's conversation.


Outside of traveling for family responsibilities, I'm held captive in my home and it's taking a toll on me.  I sit more, watch television more and let's not forget the real casualty-- I eat more.  I eat more, I exercise less and the sum of that equation is one hot mess.  I've sung this song before, I've walked this very path.  I know what I have to do and I'll get around to it but this time it feels different and it looks different. This time diet and exercise may not be enough.   I look in the mirror and while I know I can lose a bit of weight and tone the muscles that need toning, will that be enough?  Will it be enough to make me feel better about what I see?


Facing AgingI'm aging.  I don't know how it happened or where the time has gone or why it went by so fast but it crept up on me and there's no turning back the clock.  I used to think that I'd never have a problem getting older.  My mantra was "there's something great about every age," and that's easy to say when you're twenty years old with full, youthful lips, smooth, wrinkle-free skin and healthy flowing hair.  Not so easy to say when you're pushing fifty.  I still think that there is something great about every age (especially when you consider the alternative!) but there is also that whole sagging, wrinkled skin thing that I'm just not crazy about.  What can I do about that?

I know that diet and exercise are the tools necessary for living healthy and looking your best.  I'm fairly certain, though, that you just can't "undo" a wrinkle no matter how faithful you are to living a healthy lifestyle, or can you?  Maximizing your God given assets may require a different approach and a different set of tools. It's time to pick up the journey of self care where I left off.  It's time to restructure and reorganize my life and there's no better time like the present.

Join me as I begin yet another journey of self care.  As always I will share my soul with you.  I will be open and honest with my successes and my failures and I will reveal to you the truth as I know it about the experiences I have along the way.

It's time.....

xo
Michelle

+My Baked Stuffed Life
+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro

No comments:

Post a Comment