Saturday, February 23, 2013

Shake What Your Mama Gave Ya!

Amidst walls of amber hues, smooth, cool music and high back bar stools you'll find Jay Carr shakin' what his Mama gave him!



Jay is the owner of Providence's newest addition to the bar scene, The Eddy. Open just over a month and word has already spread like wildfire-- standing room only on any night of the week-- and that's if your lucky!

 As I so often do when I'm in Providence, I had the inside scoop on this cavernous cool spot so I got there early and got myself a prime seat at the bar, smack in front of the spirit-master himself (thanks Jen!).


 Equally as talented at showstopping mixology is Alicia who indulged us in our first round of luxurious libation. A tall Kettle Orange and tonic for me........ Alicia really knows how to make a twist!  This was deeeeeelish!



And a Derby for my friend............





Although spirits are the specialty at The Eddy, their bar "snack" menu is surprisingly substantial with things like Bavarian Soft Pretzels with  Maple Butter, Sweet and Salty Mixed Nuts and a Crostini with Olives, Ricotta and Honey that will make you dream about it after you leave (I am!).




I loved this place and if I lived closer it would be my go-to watering hole.  For now, I'll dream about crostini and count down the days until I can quench my thirst once again at The Eddy! 

Thanks for your hospitality Jay!  See you again soon!


+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment