Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Butts & Bikinis - Getting My Game On!

It's been a long time coming, or it seems that way anyway, but it's here. The air is fresh with flowery scents, the birds sing their  sweet spring songs and the sun shines high and warm. Apollo has not forsaken us. The ground softens under his spell and the winds turn warm.  As we are lured from hybernation we emerge with faces turned up, eyes closed to the brightness, arms outstretched to welcome the gift of sunbeams.  The warmth relaxes the winter stresses and they spill out of every pore. Breath.....

Are you ready to walk with me? As the sun rises higher so does the heat of Apollos gift.... It gets hotter and hotter. Come with me, walk with me along the shore.  A crisp, cool dip in the ocean would be so refreshing........

Nice dream folks but that's where it ends. Ugh, I've got to put a bathing suit on this body? I've packed on a fresh 20 soooooooooo Oh HELL no!  There's no better way to start today than a good 'ole ass kickin'!
 
Let me back up a little.  Like many folks my weight has fluctuated throughout the years.  In my thinner days I have been referred to as small or"tiny", in my thicker days the dreaded-- "big-boned".  No girl likes the latter and I've fought hard against that term.  I've got a colorful history of exercise regimens and diet plans so I KNOW what I'm supposed to do, how I am supposed to eat and how it impacts how I feel.  As I get older, it gets tougher and tougher to stay on top of it and I came to the inevitable conclusion that I'm the type of gal that needs her butt kicked. Its really that simple.  If you want to feel good then it's all about diet and exercise.  It's not rocket science and I'm fairly certain that we all agree on that.  I need to be accountable so I got myself one of these...............


 
 
 
I got myself a personal trainer.  This is Chris Engel of Engel Fitness and I want her arms and her core strength!  I want her resolve and her dedication to health and wellness.  I had to come to terms with the fact that I needed a coach. 

















When I was in my teens, 20's and 30's I could do it on my own and I did but it's harder now.  Life is busier and like many moms, somebody else comes first.  It's time to practice what I preach and engage in a little self care. 




 
There are a group of us that head to the gym in the mornings--early mornings--and work out.  Chris was one of those women.  There were many mornings that I'd come up with any excuse I could find NOT to go to the gym.  Chris was dedicated, she was there every day.  I knew she was a trainer, and a darn good one from what I could tell, but I wasn't convinced that it would make any difference.  It does.


It's about accountability.  When you make that appointment you are committed.  Someone is waiting for you at the other end so you HAVE to show up.  I showed that first time and I keep showing and I'm so glad that I make the effort because I'm already seeing results!  
 
 



 



It's not just about the exercise.  Your trainer is essentially helping you change your life so you are building a bond.  She encourages me when I need that final push to do just one more. 

That "one more" is what gets you the results.  That final rep is what is making you stronger.  It molds your body and it molds your mind.  If you did 10 today, there's no reason you can't do 11 tomorrow!

 

I'm starting week #3 in my total transformation.  Stay tuned to hear about what's for dinner!!  Eating right is a BIG part of this journey!

xo
Michelle


+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment