Friday, August 16, 2013

Pre-Season Is Here!! Get Your Game Food On!


The days are warm but the nights are getting cooler.  The wind has shifted and natives know what's coming.  FOOTBALL!!!  While I'll hate to see summer go, I'm a die hard football fan and I'm anxious for the season to be in full swing.  If I plan it right, Sundays will be mine to kick back with some good friends, a cocktail or two and some awesome game food!!

Fall is the best time of year for cooking AND eating.  The stores and road side stands are chuck full with the harvest and fresh, local ingredients are plentiful.  While I love to cook, with 3 kids and a busy family the time I have to invest in the task is short so quick and easy recipes that taste great is key.  I'm constantly on the hunt for recipes that fit the bill and I think I found one to add to my go-to list of fun fare.
Many of you may have seen this recipe or something similar (I "fixed" it) on Pinterest.  I saw the Pinterest recipe and I also found one almost like it in Taste of Home magazine.  One called for refrigerator biscuits and the other called for bread dough.  The bread dough recipe required time to let the dough rise, etc.  I just didn't have time for that and, in addition, I thought that the ratio of bread to meatball would be too high.  The other one called for a particular brand of refrigerator biscuit that probably would have tasted good but I wasn't sure about the texture.  I chose the small Pillsbury biscuits and rolled them out with a rolling pin so that the crust would be thin and it was perfect.  Both recipes called for frozen meatballs and prepared jar marinara sauce.  I chose to make my own meatballs and my own sauce.  It's just personal preference.

                                               

                                                     

First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and assemble your ingredients.  You'll need one tube of refrigerator biscuits, 10 meatballs, shredded mozzarella cheese, olive oil, dried basil and marinara sauce for dipping.

Using a rolling pin, roll out your biscuit.....



Place a small amount of cheese in the center of your dough..........




Place one meatball on top of the cheese............




Fold up the edges of your dough so that it completely covers the cheese and the meatball.  Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until golden brown.  The package directions on the biscuits said 12-15 minutes but it actually took closer to 17 minutes.  



Brush the individual biscuit balls with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.  Serve with marinara for dipping. 




I added a salad and served these to my kids for dinner.  They were a big hit!!  Enjoy!!

xo
Michelle

+My Baked Stuffed Life
+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro



No comments:

Post a Comment