Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Journey Continues, Permission Required

March 15, 2013 
The Journey, continued.........

I kissed my Dad goodbye at IKEA and I was back on the road to continue my journey.  I wasn't alone.  Siri was with me.  I pressed her call button and she promptly responded "How can I help you Princess?".  Yes, she call's me Princess.  Why not?  Somebody has to!

Siri is a great travelling companion and the only.... uhhh.... "person" who is allowed to take this journey with me.  She's very low maintenance and she is always willing to accommodate a change in plans on a second's notice.  I kind of like messing with her too--I call it the "Siri Games".  She'll tell me to take a right and I'll take a left, she'll tell me to get on the highway and I won't, stuff like that.  Yea, that's me, a diehard rebel and I get the added bonus of finding new places and exploring new routes without the slightest chance of getting lost.  Yep, I love Siri, she's a good one to have around.

I'm not sure how long I'd been driving (no clock watching on "The Journey", it's a rule) when  a cute little antique shop came into view.  I passed it by as I normally would because usually I have three kids and a husband in the car with me.  In my head I had the standard thought process going on ".... geez, that looks interesting, I wonder what's inside?....".  Then I remembered, I'm on "The Journey" and the plan is that I do what I want when I want so I pulled over to the side of the road, gave myself permission to enjoy "The Journey",  and safely turned the car around and I'm so glad that I did........





The sign was inviting as were the little treasures I found outside............




It only got better once I got inside.  This chair was screaming my name!!!!  I didn't buy it but I probably should have...........




Then there was this other chair, very shabby-chic-retro-kind-of-old-hollywoodish don't you think?




Some cute little girlie-doo-daddy things..........





The greatest find of them all was this little cutie pie, what shall we name her?.............



I know!!!  We'll call her Siri!!!


Once again, a successful round of the "Siri Games"!!  I have no idea where I was (that's part of the fun)--Rhode Island?-- and I probably couldn't find my way back there if my life depended on it but I enjoyed this little place while I was there.

Stay tuned as The Journey continues............

+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life

















No comments:

Post a Comment