Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Journey Continues, Food for the Soul

March 16, 2013

After a restful slumber I awoke to the warmth of the morning sun streaming through my windows.  I've always loved the look of sunbeams.  For some reason it reminds me of how I used to wake up when I was a kid during summer vacation when the days were mine and adventures were plentiful.  This morning was like that.  The sun was beaming, I owned the promise of the day to make of it what I wished.  What I wished at that moment was..... TO EAT!!  I was starved and I knew the perfect spot to satisfy my morning hunger.  Come with me, let me show you my favorite diner.............






Take a step back in time, listen to some music at the table top jukebox while you look at their amazing menu of homemade specialties.  It's extensive.




Eating alone?  I was, I was eating blissfully alone and enjoyed my morning paper here, at this not-so-old-fashioned counter........



You can't go wrong, it's all comfort food and it's all comfort at The Parthenon Diner in Old Saybrook, Connecticut.




The Parthenon is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and they offer a full service bar. 
I haven' t tried lunch or dinner but I'm told that they are just as skilled at the midday and evening meals as they are at serving up a hearty breakfast.  The prices are good and the food is delicious!!

The Parthenon is a real Gem!  It was the perfect start to what turned out to be a perfect day.

Stay tuned as my journey continues.... the best is yet to come!!

+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment