Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Journey Continues, Warm Welcomes....


March 15, 2013

After traversing in and out of three different states, I finally came upon my final destination in Old Saybrook, CT.  The Saybrook Point Inn & Marina, located on Long Island Sound, came into view.  Signs for their signature restaurant, Fresh Salt, and award winning spa, Sanno, offered the warm welcome I needed and sparked visions of the heaven-like experiences still yet to come.  I was so ready for this.......




You might say that I'm a "frequent flyer" with SPI.  I've travelled to this very spot several times and I always look forward to it.  They'd renovated since my last trip and the babbling brook was a new addition.  I loved it.  It offered a quiet nook of serenity, some place to go and enjoy a bit of peace.  I indulged myself several times during my stay....




Homey rocking chairs offer yet another inviting space for much needed solitude or quiet conversation should you have a travelling companion.





Check in was easy, as always, and "Bobby", a bellman who's been with SPI for years, didn't allow me to lift a finger.  He showed me to my room, explained how to avail myself of every amenity and left my room quietly with a smile on his endearing face.  I became very fond of Bobby during my stay as he and other staff members took care of my every need.  He's a keeper!!




In years past I'd always made sure to get a room with a waterview.  While it's lovely, for my purposes it is not worth the added cost.  I'm usually not in my room during the day and when I return it's dark and there is essentially no view.  So this time I reserved a room without a view.  It was just as spacious, just as comfortable, and still has the fireplace that has become so necessary to me during my stays here.






A welcoming gift was left in the room for me!!  How nice!!





Well folks, so far The Journey has been a long one so it's time to relax with a cocktail.  A quick call to the front desk and Bobby soon arrives with a bucket full of ice.  Knowingly he offers a fire and I'm quick to accept.  As the warm glow fills the room I take a deep breath, sigh heavily, and wonder why it's been so long since my last visit......




Goodnight my friends, stay tuned as The Journey continues..........


+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life







No comments:

Post a Comment