Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back In The Saddle


I was away for a few days and prior to leaving I had made the executive decision to leave my diet and exercise at home and resume when I got back.  While I wouldn't label my eating habits while I was away as "healthy", it wasn't a total  nightmare either.  I had the kids with me so we were on the go every minute of every day and meal planning just couldn't be part of the equation.  There were burgers, pizza, sandwiches and OH YES, ice cream made an appearance and.....uhhhh....a rapid disappearance as it were.  Yum!!! A great time was had by all and I have no guilt but it's back in the saddle again!!




My day started with a 5am Tabata class.  Tabata Interval training was developed by Japanese doctor,  Dr. Izumi Tabata.  This type of training in it's pure form includes intervals of high intensity exercise of a 20 second duration followed by 10 seconds of rest.  This is repeated 8 times for a total of 4 minutes.  This form of exercise is said to be one of the most powerful ways to burn body fat quickly. Just what I need!!



I didn't get to bed last night much before 12:30am so getting up at 4:30am was not really my idea of a good time but I knew that I'd feel better after working out so I dragged myself out of bed and got right to it.  The class was packed.  This was just what I needed after my mini hiatus from the healthy scene.  The version of Tabata that we practice with Chris is based on the principals of Dr. Tabata's pure form in that it is high intensity interval training followed by short periods of rest, however Chris's class is an hour long and may or may not involve weights.   It's great for a metabolism boost and I highly recommend it.

Chris starts out with some warm up stretches and then gets right down to business by demonstrating the first three exercises to be done. She demonstrates both a beginners method and an advanced method of performing the exercises and it's left to the participant to choose at what level they can safely perform the exercise while maintaining proper form.  She sets her time keeper and we are off.  I wish I had taken some video of the intervals this morning.  I'll catch you next week on that so you can get a solid idea of the process.



Completely rejuvenated and with my workout for the day done at 6am, it's time for breakfast.  Won't you join me...............





Have a great day!!  See you next time!

xo

Michelle

+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment