Thursday, July 25, 2013

Candy Pants


                                                                           I'm in the land of beautiful. Beautiful ocean, beautiful 
harbors, beautiful boats. There are beautiful sunsets and beautiful lovers getting all ga-ga over the aforementioned beautiful sunsets. 
The food is beautiful and the plentiful cocktails are beautiful too. 






Then there are the men. There are men of every age, every shape and size and they all seem to have at least one thing in common. When they come to this island of  bountiful beauty, they apparently feel the need to wear candy colored short pants......





These are not our beloved gay brothers (please read with the affection this writer intends) who oftentimes have a certain gift of fashion flair. These aren't just children who are at the mercy of their mother's fashion sense. 




These are just average men who have broken out of their off-island mundane and muted multi-shades-of-gray style and turned to the more vibrant or to the baby nursery color scheme as it were. The soothing pastel blues, the cool mint greens, and the oh-so-baby pinks.  Other popular choices include the syrupy sweet cotton candy pink, Swedish Fish reds, gumball blues, Lemonhead yellows and the sour apple greens. I really don't quite know what to make of it. I don't seem to see this sugar filled fashion statement at home. I mean I'll see the occasional guy who looks like he just dropped out of a box of Jujyfruit from time to time but the number of these sightings never seems to reach this magnitude. I guess it really adds a completely different dimension to the phrase "eye candy".  
It's not just candy pants either.  There have been a multitude of sea creature sightings as well.  There are men in turtle pants, whale pants and and fish pants.  

Aquarium candy pants or plain, it's all very curious. I don't mean to judge, to each his own. I just find it fascinating. I just thank god that I brought my toothbrush!!


xo
Michelle

+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life






No comments:

Post a Comment