Monday, July 1, 2013

KickAss Bootcamp!

It's Monday morning and the weekend activities had me exhausted so I promptly hit the snooze button when the alarm went off.  My mind would not let me indulge in those last 5 minutes.  I opened one eye and peered out the window--overcast and a little wet.  Bootcamp is waiting and I did have fried dough at Fiesta.... hmmmm, I only worked out one day over the weekend..... I'll feel better if I go.....hmmmm.  Oh CRAP!!  It's 5:55am!  I sprang out of bed into my shorts and a tank and off I went, water and towel in hand.
 
 
I sped out of the driveway and drove thru puddle after puddle on my way to the school--geez, I hope it isn't cancelled!  As I rounded the corner into the parking lot I spied the familiar crowd of early morning Bootcamp addicts swarming around our Fearless Leader, Chris Engel.  I breathed a sigh of relief, I need  this this morning.
 
 
I can remember when I started this journey that it was a chore to muster the motivation to get my ass to the gym.  Honestly, the only thing that got me there was knowing that Chris was waiting for me and I couldn't blow it off.  Somewhere along the way it turned into a healthy addiction.  Results will do that to you.  I knew it would happen eventually but it was painful waiting for it to happen and I'm glad it finally materialized.  I still have moments, however brief, that my mind tries to tell me to sleep in, take that extra hour of sleep, but it's fleeting at best before the addiction overpowers it.  Thank God and thank God for Chris Engel for sticking with me until it kicked in!
 
 
 
Bootcamp is awesome!!  It's really a great way to start out the week.  Chris has anywhere from 15-20 stations set up around a portion of the track.  The exercises are a good mix of cardio and strength exercises utilizing a variety of bands, weighted balls and straps.  What I like about it is that anyone can join in, beginner thru advanced.  Chris is available to offer explanations of how to make any of the exercises easier or more challenging depending on your fitness level.  She's got a great mix of music and the crowd she draws is fun and the class flies by!
 
 
No class is ever the same.  Today was a partner workout.  Each exercise was done with a partner and it's a very motivating way to keep things going.  It's kind of hard to put it into words so I've included a few videos to give you an idea of what we do...
 
 
Triceps dip......
 
 
 
 
Mid-Row Pull......                                                    
 
 
 
 
I can't remember what these two stations were called but I think you'll get the idea....
 
 
 
After a rigorous 60 minutes we cool down with some key stretching and the class comes to an end.  I'm feeling good, I'm feeling strong and I'm feeling charged for the day ahead!!  You've got to check this out on Monday and Wednesday mornings at 6am!  Hope to see you next time!
 
xo
Michelle
 
+Michelle Morrissette Cucchiaro
+My Baked Stuffed Life

No comments:

Post a Comment